• International Tennis Hall of Fame
• Fort Adams State Park
• Frequently Asked Questions
• Food & Crafts
• Services for People with Disabilities
Fort Adams State Park
Harrison Avenue, Newport, RI • Saturday & Sunday, August 2 & 3 The festival features two full days of jazz on three stages at Fort Adams, one of the Park system's national treasures situated at the mouth of Newport Harbor with panoramic views of the Newport Bridge and the East Passage.
FAQs About Fort Adams
1. What time does everything open?
BOX OFFICE opens at 9am / GATES open at 10am
PARKING opens at 8am / Shuttles start at 9am / WATER TAXIS start at 7am
FOOD & CRAFTS start at 10am / MUSIC STARTS at 10:30am
2. Is there parking on-site?
Yes. Limited on-site festival parking available at Fort Adams State Park available: $12.00 per vehicle in advance; $15.00 on festival weekend. To purchase in advance, select parking option during ticket buying process. Parking opens at 8am.
3. Are there alternatives to driving to the Fort?
BY WATER SHUTTLE: The Newport Harbor Shuttle provides continuous service between Perrotti Park or the Oldport Marine Dock on America’s Cup Ave in the Mooring Restaurant parking lot and Fort Adams beginning at 8 AM. Cost is $10.00 round trip and no reservations are required.
From Jamestown, take the Jamestown & Newport Ferry – servicing Jamestown, Perrotti Park & Ft. Adams, leaving Jamestown & Newport approximately every 30 min. Click here for Ferry Service & Water Taxi Info.
4. Is there camping on-site?
Sorry, no camping is available at Fort Adams State Park but there are campgrounds not far from the festival grounds. Check the Discover Newport website for campground information.
5. What can I bring with me?
• Only one small hand held cooler (no larger than 16x12) per person allowed
• Maximum size for individual blankets is 8'x 10'
• Low-backed chairs only (under 30") to ensure good viewing for others
• Hand held still cameras
• No glass containers admitted. All coolers will be searched.
• No alcohol
• No Pets
• No beach umbrellas, tripods or anything that could obstruct the view of others
• No audio and visual recording devices
6. What about the weather?
The festival is held rain or shine. There are tents over seating areas at the Quad and Harbor stages and shade can befound in parts of the Quad. Bring sunscreen and consider wearing a hat! If severe weather occurs programming may be temporarily interrupted, but will continue when weather allows.